I will also be contacting my reps to once again say, end the war and find civilian solutions: Contact Congress & White House
Oklahoma City Demonstration:
NO to ESCALATION in AFGHANISTAN
Tuesday, December 1st
NW 23rd Street & Classen Blvd.
Bring signs – – We will have ours.
Peace House Statement on Afghanistan, Nov. 14th
BRING TROOPS HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS
- After eight (8) long years of war, we speak in unity: U.S. Military forces must be brought home.
- Military victory appears unachievable, or at the very least unsustainable.
- Our continued presence guarantees further escalation of long-standing anti-American sentiments.
- A surge in U.S. troop numbers will generate dramatic increases of casualties of our troops and Afghani civilians.
- We risk and even wider and deadlier regional conflict.
- Reconstruction and stability should be initiated and sustained by international peace-keeping entities and< non-governmental organizations.
- Urgent domestic budget priorities demand a redirection of our tax revenues from war in Afghanistan to meeting human needs at home. Thirteen million Americans are unemployed in this economic downturn.
- We petition Congress, and the Obama administration, to initiate withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan before the end of the year.