These are my links for 10/14:
- Ex-Commander Says Iraq Effort Is a ‘Nightmare’ – WASHINGTON, Oct. 12 – In a sweeping indictment of the four-year effort in Iraq, the former top commander of American forces there called the Bush administration’s handling of the war “incompetent” and said the result was “a nightmare with no end”
- Marines Press to Remove Their Forces From Iraq – New York Times – The Marine Corps is pressing to remove its forces from Iraq and to send marines instead to Afghanistan, to take over the leading role in combat there, according to senior military and Pentagon officials.
- Afghanistan ‘is going down fast’ | The Australian – THE bloodshed in Afghanistan has reached levels not seen since the 2001 invasion as anger at bungling by an ineffective Government in Kabul and its foreign backers stokes support for the Taliban and other extremist groups.
- Why Do You Need Immunity If You Haven’t Broken the Law? – The Bush administration is desperately trying to get immunity for the telecom companies inserted into the next wiretapping bill.
- Ex-Phone Chief Says N.S.A. Sought Data Earlier – Says Bush Administration enlisted telcoms to spy on Americans, seven months BEFORE 9/11 .
- Daily Howler: How many times do we liberals plan to get ourselves punked by the Post? – Post-Nobel: Back to the war on Gore